Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Working with Flash and ActionScript

Good evening everybody,

I am now in my seventh week of learning Flash.  I must say I am pleasantly surprised with the versatility and power of Flash.  This week, I am learning about using audio and video in Flash.  I knew you could use video with Flash, but I had no idea the tools used for audio and video were so robust.  Up to this point, I worked strictly with animations and creating the digital narrative.  Now I get the chance to add other aspects to my narrative; aspects that serve to significantly increase the effectiveness of any project.

In addition, I have been working a little with ActionScript.  I have come to discover this is an extremely powerful and complex scripting language.  I consider ActionScript with Flash as analogous to an engine with a car.  ActionScript serves to make Flash work even better.  Whether you are using ActionScript to activate a button, or using it to control physics-based animations, the possibilities are endless.  While I am currently focusing on learning the various aspects of Flash, I am scheduled to take both Intermediate and Advanced ActionScript courses toward the end of the year.  This will be after working to learn server-side scripting with VBScript and learning client-side scripting with JavaScript.  This will give me a great foundation for working with ActionScript, as I am told ActionScript is much like JavaScript.  Once I complete these courses, I will be well prepared to work with Flash and ActionScript for extremely complex projects, and with have the scripting knowledge necessary to become a legitimate Web Developer.  This will just add another facet to my career.

Have a great day,
David L. Greer, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment