Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Catching Up

I just realized it has been over a month since my last post.  Sorry about that, but things have been really crazy.  With that said, let's catch up.

A terrible thing happened recently, which scared the heck out of me.  I was having some pain in my stomach, so I went to the emergency room.  They knew it was my appendix right away.  I figured it was no big deal since this sort of thing happens all the time.  However, after my surgery, I found out just how lucky I was.  It turns out my appendix was entirely gangrene, and a great deal of poison had been released into my body as a result of this.  I remained in the hospital for five days.  Since my release, I have still been quite ill, but I am getting better.  I wish I could say the same for school.  Since this happened in the middle of the term, I was unable to skip the term and come back strong next term.  I was forced to be removed from one of my classes, and was asked to catch up three weeks' work in the other.  As I am just now getting back to normal, this is not likely.  Therefore, I will have to retake both classes next term.  A small price to pay because I am just glad to be alive.

Some great things have happened as well though.  I was appointed Vice President of the Iota Sigma Tau honor society recently.  Though this is a great deal of work, it is worth it to be able to give back.  The honor society has gone downhill since its inception, but I am working closely with the entire Executive Board in the hopes of making it stronger and better than ever.  I have complete faith that the other board members and I will succeed beyond anybody's expectations.

In addition, I have been able to begin working with the Ambassadors & Leaders Program again.  We are working to create our own online blog at BlogTalk Radio.  I have joined the subcommittee of five members in charge of getting this project off the ground.  We have a great group of committee members that are working well together to make this happen.  I cannot wait to see how this works out.

That is all for now.  I will do my best to ensure another month does not pass before I am able to return.

Have a great day,
David L. Greer, Jr.

1 comment:

  1. Hi David L Greer Jr. I was looking for a David Lee Greer that I was married to in 1968, in Arlington VA. Today is his birthday, so I was looking for him online. Interesting I found you! I do Graphic design and Website development and have owned my own company for 12 years. newTrilliumdesigns.com
    The David I knew was also creative. Could the person I am looking for be your father??
    I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.
    Thanks and good luck in your studies and your health.

    Sincerly,
    Karen F Anderson

    ReplyDelete